The Presbyterian Church of Wales is one of the largest Christian denominations in Wales, with some 20,000 members and around 600 churches. Their aim is to worship God and to spread the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Also known as the Calvinistic Methodist Church and ‘The Connexion’, the Presbyterian Church of Wales was born out of the Methodist revival of the 18th century.
The PCW has around 45 ministers and 30 Christian workers. It also owns and runs two training centres, Coleg y Bala and Coleg Trefeca, and has strong links with other church and denominations, particularly with its ‘daughter’ church, the Presbyterian Church of India.
Here you can read more about the PCW ethos.
children & youth
The PCW’s children & youth’s service is committed to accurately and creatively teaching our children, young people and families the content and relevance of the Bible
The Women’s Department is a particularly active branch of the Presbyterian Church of Wales.
More information on the Presbyterian Church of Wales can be found here.
Prayer Points for 2021
- Please pray for the lonely in our midst, and for the frustration we as church feel in not being able to comfort those in need.
- Pray for people who live in unhappy circumstances and who feel trapped in their own homes.
- Pray for people of all ages whose mental health is affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and for all those who are comforting them.
- Pray for us as a nation that we may draw closer to God. That our hearts will be warmed by his love.
- Please pray that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ may dispel the darkness of ignorance and unbelief in our midst.
- Please pray for new ministry initiatives in our church.
- Pray for new leaders who respond to God’s calling upon their lives, to help the church to journey with them in defining and refining their calling.
- Pray for our new MSP-4 programme called ‘Golud’ – a programme to develop churches that are dementia-friendly.
- Pray for our children and youth.